Holster solutions - what are you using?

I need a new holster, but realize they're not all created equal in that some fit some blasters better than others.

I have a hyperfirm E-11 and was considering getting a fancy holster from Ashton, but never having seen one in person am curious if it will work with the HF, and if it will be floppy enough like in ANH.

Thoughts/ideas?

I don't know how great my holster is. (thanx for the kind comments Ed) I made it from scratch having never seen a holster in person and just going off general dimensions. It's made from black buffalo hide (cheaper than cow), hand stitched and riveted. I originally made it for my Kenner blaster, and when I modified it, I had to make a cut in the holster to accomodate the magazine receiver/magazine. The leather is not as stiff and putting reholstering can be a problem sometimes since I'm doing it blind and wish it would stay open so the blaster just drops in.

After I made my holster, another 501st trooper sent me a pattern for his holster and mine was close enough. I have no idea how it would work with a HF model since I've never seen one or how heavy it is. If you're interested, I'll try to post some photos or PM me and I'll send you what I've got (pattern, photos, leather samples). I would make your own, and you could make a lefty or righty or both depending on your preference.

NOTE:

I never worked with leather before except when I was 13 as a boy scout. Stitching and riveting were really easy.

I just added some photos. The blaster strap is kept in place by a metal post and I cut a slit with a hole punched in it on the strap. When I do another one, I might use a regular snap on it.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 years later...