Blaster building has begun today......

with minor shopping.....

I purchased a DVH kit from Lou ...the anticipation is killing me!

I bought 1.5" Electrical conduit from Lowes 

a rake for the t track <--- is this a bad idea?

A tin of Bondo

and finally I plan on getting all the parts to add an arduino to the end product. I am pretty handy with electronics and look forward to the challenge of figuring out whats going wrong......(I troubleshoot indutrial computers among other things for work).... the part I am not so sure of is the actual blaster building....

Do you guys have tips or things left off of my current shopping haul to make life easier?

pics to come as the project goes underway!

I saw Gazmosis (I think) posted a while back about the rake idea. Will be interested to see yours. I'm in the same boat - have the DVH kit coming, but looking for a cost effective T-Track

Hi Mike,

I haven't worked with a DVH kit, but I'm guessing your 1.5" PVC is too big.  I've covered this in some other pipe build threads.

For comparison:

Real Sterling receiver O.D. (outside diameter) = 1.50"

1.50" PVC pipe O.D. = 1.900".

1.25" PVC pipe O.D. = 1.660".

1.00" PVC pipe O.D. = 1.315"

I have a nice template for the 1.25" PVC pipe.  It's the closest to the real receiver size.

This makes your PVC build about 10% larger than a real Sterling, but nobody really notices.

The template has been adjusted for the size difference so everything ends up in the right place.

Just shoot me a PM and I'll send you a template.

Its correct. Pipe is measured by I.D. and the PVC pipe you would use is the 1.25. The outer diameter of the 1.25 pipe is 1.5

Tube (or conduit) is measured by O.D. so hes good :)

I am going to try and make an assembly thread for these kits. Last time i tried a video tutorial and it didnt go so well, so gonna do it the old fashioned way this time...pictures! lol Hope to do it this weekend, and then likely sell off the blaster built :)

Edited by Darth Voorhees

OK, so here is the first update on my blaster project. 

I was sick for all of last week! It sucked. I'm still hacking up a lung. 

BUT I did return my pipe after being told it wasn't the correct diameter.

Today, I purchased a starter arduino kit to start honing my arduino skills. 

And today I made a spreadsheet that includes all the pieces I will need for the completion of my blaster that includes ALL the parts needed, where to buy them, their cost, whether I have sourced them or not, and shipped and purchased statuses. At the bottom I had a total cost of a DVH Arduino with real folding stock cost hitting around 250 bucks! 

Now comes the hard part of actually doing all the work.....

Edited by Mpreston81

And today I made a spreadsheet that includes all the pieces I will need for the completion of my blaster that includes ALL the parts needed, where to buy them, their cost, whether I have sourced them or not, and shipped and purchased statuses. At the bottom I had a total cost of a DVH Arduino with real folding stock cost hitting around 250 bucks! 

Now comes the hard part of actually doing all the work.....

But the fun of doing that work is immeasurable in $$

Um, what's a Arduino?

How's the rake? I went shopping for a rake. None of the hardware stores in Australia sold one that was suitable. Went with Marv's for mine.

Prepare to have your mind blown! Skyone another user on here from Italy I believe has make a whole tutorial for a cheaper alternative to the blastercore!

Check it out....

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19322-arduino-a-cheap-board-for-e11-blaster-effects/?hl=%20arduino%20%20blaster

also hope to have the rake pic up tomorrow.