My TE2 TKs&TD

• 2 weeks later...

Being quite new to costuming and have only ever had my SDS bucket in hand to look at in detail. It's quite normal for a bucket to have a sat on after comming out of the mould look then? Mine looks like someone has got hold of the front and twisted the back out to the right. And sits on a flat surface with a distinctive rocking.

Is this the case with most if not all accurate buckets????

Most screen accurate helmets have that wonky look to them. Here is a pic illustrating this. This is a comparison of a number of different helmets from left to right the Inaccurate FX, the "Original mold" AA/SDS, Gino/CRProps and the GF. Thanks to Jez for having these wonderful pics up on his website. Star Wars Helmet Archive

FXAACRGFcf1.jpg

Thats ok then, it's not just mine. Thats fine if it's how there supposed to be, but when people see mine they always say "man thats bad how much did you pay for it"!

I can understand a bit why people want to correct this issue, as I look at it and think being an ex engineer how bad it is.

Only good thing is its not that noticable when wearing the whole armor.

Thats ok then, it's not just mine. Thats fine if it's how there supposed to be, but when people see mine they always say "man thats bad how much did you pay for it"!

I can understand a bit why people want to correct this issue, as I look at it and think being an ex engineer how bad it is.

Only good thing is its not that noticable when wearing the whole armor.

If you like your helmets more accurate its just something to get used to.

I'm working on one of my unstarted faceplates now to show where the centrelines of various features are -- chin grille, frown, nose, goggles -- to show how they don't line up. Not to mention the traps and tears and aerator shrouds are different sizes/shapes from one side to the other.

--Jonah