NEED HELP! Glue Removal

Bought AP armor kit and the guy glue pieces together and I'm needing to remove the glue.

I think he used E6000. Any help would be great as I'm feeling Sick to my Stomach just thinking

about what this guy did to this suit.....

I have heard that freezing the parts will assist in removing the glue.

Having not attempted this myself you may want to wait for additional comments prior to attempting. B)

E6000 isn't too bad to undo. To undo cover strips you'll need a thin flattip screwdriver and either a hobby knife or razor blade. Pry up one end of the strip with the screwdriver and cut the dried glue with the blade. Take your time and it should be fine. I've undone my thighs in this fashion.

Once it is off you can remove the remaining glue using scrap ABS plastic, a fingernail, or a wooden tongue depressor. Good luck.

Edited by RampantLion

I've heard the same thing (freezing it).

I also know someone that was trying to take apart a TD on their TB, and spent a week trying to cut, sand, etc the E6000 to get it apart. I told him "hey, I've heard that putting it in the freezer for a few hours would work."

He put it in the freezer overnight and said that it came apart VERY easily the next morning. So, although there is no first-hand experience with it, I've got it from a reliable and tested source that doing so will work, for what that's worth.

Edited by Dark CMF

E6000 is good stuff. It would be cool if freezing it helped, but it  seems like rubber when cured so please inform if freezing helps, I think the hobby knife approach is probably where you'll end up though. Good luck trooper

Freezing works well with CA glue (Superglue, Zap-a-Gap, etc). I don't know that it will do all that much to E6000 as far as clean-up goes. What the other guys have said is accurate: E6000 will peel apart with enough gentle pressure at room temperature.

Edited by bzb