external sound amp mic mounting

After installing the cooling fans in my helmet i realized there was a reason everyone installs an external sound amp. I cant hear a thing LOL and i have pretty quiet fans.

So purchased a Velleman amp board. It made me pretty nervous to drill a hole behind the brow trim to mount the mics. I did see a couple of people mounting the mics at the outer most teeth openings. I didnt want to just glue the mic in place.

This is how I am mounting the mics.

I looked around work and realized that the container for solder wick is jsut the right size to hold the condensor mic with out having to glue it.

post-18369-0-93601600-1396616881_thumb.jpg

Todd,

I think you'll find most of us don't use any means of amplifying the sound into our helmets. I can't always hear very well inside my helmet but I hear well enough to not run into something or crush small children (much/often). If I'm about to get into trouble usually there is a handler, or an annoyingly agile biker scout, nearby to assist. I think more folks have an external amp that projects their own voice. 

I suggest getting out and trooping before you decide to modify your helmet in ways you may regret down the road.

-Eric

I cut the container down to fit the frown.....

--------

This is how the mic mount will fit on the frown

--------

I used a 7 strand belkin cable because I liked the grey shielding. In order to get a 90 degree angle of the cable from mic to properly fit the helmet and mic mount properly I had to cut some heavy wax paper we have here at work and use hot glue to secure the wires..

---------

I will post more pictures when i get the other mount made and have the electronics installed!  The inside of the bucket has a cleaner look. Its just a mic mount but excited to have something to contribute! LOL

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I dont have my full armor set yet. This is just a project helmet that I built. Im not exactly sure if I'll be doing all of this when I recieve my ATA big brown box. LOL I have to do something to keep my mind occupied until that day comes.