Cool find at Radio Shack.

Was going to order the assembled version from shawn but since money is a bit tight right now, ordered this instead and am going to try and wire it myself. If not at least its only $11 down the drain.

I've built about 200+ of these, 1 being bad. Recheck all your soldier points

I too messed something up :(

It works, but only one ear. It works quite well and clear which is great! But the other ear doesn't work. If I talk into the good mic, it's amazing, but when I talk into the other mic, it's VERY faint, super distorted and what makes it even weirder is that the sound coming out of the same earbud as the other working one?!?!

I re-soldered it and it's still the same. I reversed polarity and that's definitely not it. I fear I may have burned the microphone out perhaps? I did struggle to solder the wire onto it and it got quite hot. 

Any ideas?

Oh and one other thing! Does anyone get heavy distortion/sound cut out when you tap on the device or mic? Even walking around holding this thing, with every step it does that. It seems quite sensitive to movement and I'm wondering if this is normal.

Thank you!

Recheck all the resistors to insure something wasn't installed in reverse or solder connections are touching that shouldn't be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'll recheck everything but resistors don't care which way they're installed. Something else may be backwards, but since the device works, I suspect it's all good?!

You are correct about the resistors and something is either install backwards or solder points are touching where they shouldn't :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk