Pros and Cons about RS ABS armor

PGPDPig

Newbie here. I've been killing my brain with all this research about armor, neck seals, boots, holsters and everything. I had no idea that half this stuff even existed before I started this major project. But with all that said, I'm crazy excited about getting my armor and putting it on for the first time. After all the research I've done on the armor, I'm like 99.9% sure that I want to go with the RS stunt ABS armor. From reading all the posts it seems like there are no cons about the RS armor. Is it really that good of an armor, or does anyone have any cons about the armor?

Also, since I have two left feet when I dance and two thumbs when it comes to fixing or putting things together, I'm planning on going with the fully loaded package and have them put it all together for me. Has anyone else with RS armor had them put it together for you and if so, was it worth it or not? 

Thomas

It is a good armor but concerns if you are going to troop a lot and be a clown lol, the abs is quite thin compared to other makers and with the metal brackets used it can crack between the bolts. I helped a bud of mine remove all the metal brackets and replace with elastic and snaps, also glued and strengthened some cracks on the ab and chest plate. That being said my bud does fool and move around quite a lot so it may have put the extra stress on the armor. I have seen many troopers very with theirs, just don't go crazy in it ;)

I have A completed RS kit, and it is a nice fitting kit, very comfortable to wear . Cons would be wait time for a completed kit and a few details that could be taken care of with a little extra work.

They are a prop replica of an original suit made the way they were in 1977 , so they are asymmetrical and imperfect by nature which gives them a real feel of the original Stormtroopers , all the quirks in all it's glory will be present on RS. This makes RS distinctive.

Edited by Cantina Security

I have been trooping in RS ABS 1.5mm since 08.2013 and have been very happy with it.

There are minor fixes you will have to make dependent upon how much trooping you do.

No armor is perfect and will sustain battle/trooping damage in my experience.

Thanks for all the input. I'm finding out that no armor is perfect and it seems like it mainly comes down to personal feel and preference. I'm not much of a clown, so that won't be a factor but I do plan on trooping as much as I can. Looks like I'll have to check the armor once in a while to make sure there are no stress fractures and if I find them to glue and repair them before they become a major problem. I've noticed it seems like comfort is the biggest problem, making all the little adjustments here and there.

Part of the main appeal of the RS for me was that they are movie accurate. The time wait is probably going to be the part that's going to drive me crazy. I'm expecting it to take several months. The good part about that is it will allow me to get all the other parts to the armor in the meantime.

Thomas 

• 2 years later...

Thanks for all the input. I'm finding out that no armor is perfect and it seems like it mainly comes down to personal feel and preference. I'm not much of a clown, so that won't be a factor but I do plan on trooping as much as I can. Looks like I'll have to check the armor once in a while to make sure there are no stress fractures and if I find them to glue and repair them before they become a major problem. I've noticed it seems like comfort is the biggest problem, making all the little adjustments here and there.

Part of the main appeal of the RS for me was that they are movie accurate. The time wait is probably going to be the part that's going to drive me crazy. I'm expecting it to take several months. The good part about that is it will allow me to get all the other parts to the armor in the meantime.

Thomas 

How's the RS armor been holding up for you Thomas ?