M38 A2 scope

valo

Ive been looking for a M38 scope for my ANH E11 Blaster build. I came across this M38 A2 scope on ebay. Is this an acceptable variation for me to use? Were these scopes ever used? I was just after a bit of advice before I bid on it. Ive been searching for ages they seem pretty hard to come by :/

post-19929-0-47052600-1390587299_thumb.jpg

bondo is your friend here.

the A2 designation with the LED port was not used in star wars... but you can simply cover it up with the above mentioned

material... as long as you keep the texture correct the outside will be fine enough... the only way

anyone would tell after that is the reticule is different in the range finder inside the scope.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

M38's are pretty scarce, I was lucky with mine but searching for them on the net for months didn't yield much..

People have used these, then filled and sanded them to fix the angles and gap before painting them, you can see the differences here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/2669-scopes-compare/

bondo is your friend here.

the A2 designation with the LED port was not used in star wars... but you can simply cover it up with the above mentioned

material... as long as you keep the texture correct the outside will be fine enough... the only way

anyone would tell after that is the reticule is different in the range finder inside the scope.

Thank you both for your replies and information. That helps a lot :)

There were quite a few M38A2 on ebay lately, some for good prices too. Though they are not accurate as they come, you can modify them for your blaster as said above. And the price can be much lower compared to the M38/M40 versions. Good luck :)

There were quite a few M38A2 on ebay lately, some for good prices too. Though they are not accurate as they come, you can modify them for your blaster as said above. And the price can be much lower compared to the M38/M40 versions. Good luck :)

Thanks for the reply.  I missed out this time :(  but now I know that I can use the A2 version and mod it I'll keep looking and include them in my search for a scope!