Need input: I'm about to buy a complete suit. Shall I do it?

To make it short I was fooled to buy a Jedi Robe suit by a seller assuring me it was 501st approved. Some time has passed and I'm over it now. (Here is the thread where I was hit with the hard facts: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24360-hello-from-norway/#entry306421)

I've done some research since then. I believe AP armor is good for me. My measurements are 173 cm tall (or short if you want) (5'8") and I weigh about 72 kg (normal build).

I've now come across this complete AP suit in the up for sale section: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26119-for-sale-complete-ap-e11soft-partselectronics/#entry329315

I am very interrested and I'm currently discussing with the seller. He seems like a very nice guy. But after getting burned the last time I went out armor shopping I need to be absolutely sure I'm getting the real stuff.

So, will you please comment on this package? Can you please tell me if I'm thinking right this time.

Thank you.

One thing I notice, is that the seller is 6' tall, being vertically challenged myself, it makes me wonder how much modifying would need to be done. The arms appear to have some room to accommodate, but the legs and Cod area may be tight. I'm sure you will need to make some minor adjustments, but the price seems fair. Good luck...

AP is a great kit!  You're on the right track there.  The only problems you may run into are with trimming/re-sizing to fit you.  Although, even though the seller is 4" taller than you, it looks like there are plenty of gaps between his arm and leg pieces, leaving you plenty of room to size down.

Good luck! :duim:  :smiley-sw013:  

most of the downsizing for our (under 6 foot) height is in the torso. mark hamill's chest was cut down a bit, id assume the ab and kidney tops were as well, tops of the thighs, bottom of shins. its just trial and error, you wont know what to trim until you put it on!

Thank you for your replies. Adjusting it to fit me I would have to do with any suit I'd buy, right? I think I'll mange that (I hope :) ). And I've read that the AP armor is a good choiche for a small body.

This time I'll have some nice armor, and not some half good jedi robe stuff. Thats important.

I think I will go with this one.

Edited by Cadger