FX Helmet question

Hutch

If you're looking for a bigger helmet, eFX (MRCE) helmets have a lot of room, and look a lot better than FX. The eFX needs mods to be approved, and there are a ton of tutorials here on how to do that

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23559-modding-the-efx-anh-stunt-helmet/?hl=%2Bmrce#entry296567

Or you could try RT-Mod, which (I believe) has a helmet that's roughly 5% bigger than most other buckets

Edited by SolidScrafty

FX helmets are still approvable unless that has changed within the last few days. They just need to meet the minimum standards spelled out in the CRL.

Of course, the very best thing you could hope to do with one is sell it on ebay & buy a decent helmet with that money.

in the eyes of a sharpened trooper, its like comparing a don post vinyl helmet to a screen derived one, its gigantic and looks ridiculous! its not hard to save up a hundred or so for a better looking bucket :) if youve got a big dome, theres always rtmod

Yes, FX are technically still approvable in the Legion, though as they are not made anymore it's been a bit of a moot point.  The main adjustments would be to:

1. Put in flat lenses (if doing a stunt helmet)

2. Add ear screws

3. Add two extra teeth and re-paint the frown (if doing a stunt helmet)

4. Put on accurate tube stripes

5. Put on accurate aerators

6. I *think* the ears are OK, but if they are only 3 bump ears, you'll need to find a way to get 4 bump ears.

It's been a long time since I've seen an FX helmet truly, but I believe the above is all you need to do.