Do these pass as stormtrooper boots?

Firstly I am brand new to the forum, so hi :)

I have just started making costumes - although not Star Wars yet & came across the 501st legion.

I am seriously impressed with the efforts that go into the costumes. And have been reading up on them, including the boots for stormtroopers.

It looks like with TK boots closed up painting black boots is required, which got me wondering about "food safety" boots - already white.

Anyway I found a couple of links, hope that's OK to post them. I thought would just in case as I know how hard it can be to get the right material etc :)

I am australian so the links I found are Southern Hemisphere.

------------

I know the soles of one lot are white but in ROTJ it seems that was the case. With the other pair I wondered if the elastic could be replaced by the right person.

Was just curious, hence the post! Cheers - Natt

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Welcome to FISD Amanda,

Sorry to tell you, but they will not pass, the main problem will be the sole, it needs to be flat, both examples are not. 

You could try and look for Jodhpur/Chelsea-type boots. If you come out empty handed,TK boots are up and running once again. There might be a waiting list, as there is always someone looking for a pair. 

Here is a picture of what you should be look at:

TK_anh_stunt_boots.jpeg

Things to look for:

- White leather or leather-like

- Above ankle height

- Flat sole with a short heel, and small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle

- No buckles or laces whatsoever

Edited by ewokian

hello there!

you have come to the right place for stuff about stormtroopers.

after looking at the photos there are several differences that stand out.

First off the shape overall seems to be a little short on the height. might cause problems with the armor.

secondly the type of sole of the boot is very important, and needs to be thinner and not have a tread pattern showing from the side.

and thirdly the type of boots required for stormtroopers is very close to what you show, yet the situation with trooper boots

is part of what makes our costumes so good....

when we look for a proper boot, there are far too many types out there that are close... and that's why we admire TK boots

or any boot of that particular type.  from the size, to the shape of the toe, the overall profile we're looking for as close a match to

the boots used on screen.

the best boots out there have been discussed, and many have been debating which is the best.

here are a few threads to look over:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24742-trooper-boots-a-list-of-suitable-candidates/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25482-boots/

have fun and enjoy your research!

You will often find good examples of perfect ankle boots in black, since that's how most brands produce them, whoever you might adventure yourself in dyeing them white. There are plenty of topics on the forum about the subject.

But yes, always better to ask first before spending money and then regret it. :)

Hi mates! I`ve been thinking bout getting an armor an join the 501st for meany years.. Now i`ve saved up the $ :)

Could you guys tell me if these boots are high enough quality for the 501st?
-----------

Allso i need suggestions on how to get my E-11 blaster!
Thanks Erik.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 11/29/2013 at 3:12 AM, Trooperik said:

Hi mates! I`ve been thinking bout getting an armor an join the 501st for meany years.. Now i`ve saved up the $ :)

Could you guys tell me if these boots are high enough quality for the 501st?

---------

Allso i need suggestions on how to get my E-11 blaster!

Thanks Erik.

I would avoid those boots and check out the ones I have listed in my thread on boots, or Bass Amsterdam, or Lands End Chelseas.

An E-11 can be purchased various places, I bought a DoopyDoos, and you can check out my build thread on that:-)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

You are most welcome:-)

The boots can be approved, but they are not very accurate.....therefore I recommend some of the others...:-).

DoopyDoos is a company, that makes blaster kits.

No I did not buy a Hasbro because it will not be approved beyond basic level:-)..