UK Rookie Trooper - ANH Stunt build in progress

Have resumed my quest to turn an evil bay FX remould into something resembling a costume that may be passed suitable for trooping. In my first (earlier) thread I progressed with the armour refinement and build to the point where I needed to replace the supplied lid and purchase a belt, boots, holster and other bits and bobs - that's where the trail went cold! But have rediscovered the force and am aiming to get views and suggestions from FISD members on what else needs to be done before I should consider submitting for clearance (or giving it up as a bad job). All views and suggestions for improvement welcome - so long as I'm not required to lose a stone in weight! I'll upload some photos in various stages of dress with narrative and welcome views - positive and not so!

Edited by UK Rookie Trooper

Don't upload the pictures to your FISD account, it has a very limited space. Use photbucket, imgur, imageshack or some other hosting site and then link the images here with the image button:

Screenshot from 2013-06-28 18:20:32.png

....In a galaxy far, far, away........(well Ashton-under-Lyne in the UK actually) a wannabe Stormtrooper decided to build himself a suit of armour and become a member of the elite 501st.  Being young(ish), foolish, but full of ambition he failed to research or seek the advice of those knowledgable about such things.... and was lured to the dark side of the Evil Net and obtained via auction a remoulded FX kit!!  He visited a local troop in Manchester and in tears shared his unfortunate story with several well suited troopers who told him to dry his eyes, man up and get cracking reshaping the armour until it met the standard!  He gathered together a selection of tools and bought the finest materials he could source to take on the formidable challenge (even got E600 from USA).  Taking several deep breaths he opened the big brown box, unpacked the shiny armour pieces and laid them out on the floor

c7740eae.jpg

I'm stumped!  Have photos uploaded into Photobucket but can't get them to appear here using the image button in the toolbar (picture of a tree in a square frame).  It displays a dialogue box asking for a URL - but when I cut n' paste available links from photo in photobucket (using links for 'direct', 'HTML' or 'IMG' it just hangs.

Am I missing something obvious?

Am even more stumped!!  Created a brand new Flickr account and uploaded a photo.  Grabbed the link to it (url) and copied this into the url boc that appears here when I click on the 'image' button in the toolbar.  Select OK but nothing happens and the dialogue box hangs and cant be closed.  Need to right mouse click and select refresh to lose it.

Is there a problem with the image link dialogue on the FISD site?

Problem solved! Pictures taken with my digital SLR camera were either too large or incompatible format. Reverted to taking pics with my IPad and voila!

Picking up the story.....the young(ish) apprentice made connectors to hold the armour together and in place using elastic webbing and heavy duty camping snaps. This is back piece of the armour showing the connectors:

image-3.jpg