You were right guys

Hi there,

I bought my first amor 2 weeks ago on Ebay, I did not listen to your advices because it was a sweet deal at at sweet price

In real IT WASNT a deal at all.

Now I have a pretty amour that the legs are too tight and it hurts my arms too tight also.

Patience is the keyword.

Any suggestion for an armor, I am 6' tall 200 pounds, chest 44 waist 36 or any suggestions to have my Ebay armour fitted better.

Thanks

Sylvain

Hey!

If you didn't know it already the armor you got there is an FX which was the main armor (and pretty much only one) on the market ten years ago and all though they are not at all as good as today's armors they are ok and if you mod them a bit they are both wearable and approvable. BUT and this is the big but except some small things you should invest in a new bucket. It is still excepted for basic approval but replacing it is well worth the effort. If you replace that part and mod the rest you can actually get a pretty decent armor. I walked down the exact same path as you just did a year ago so if you PM me I can send pics of all the mods that I have done which really boosted the appearance of the armor (and made it more comfortable to wear). 

Good luck

//Adam

Well I have big legs, so what I had to do is put a shim on my tights, I used old pieces of HIPS and glued it on the back side. 

As for the bicep, as weird as it may sound, I got myself a set of AP. They are bigger that the FX one. There is a small amount of tweak to do to make your armor approvable for 501st.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The armor isn't the problem, you're just too big for it, the next size up is RTmod. It comes with a more accurate helmet too

This may be something to consider.

Patience is the keyword.

This is a very vital key to this process from start to finish.

You've got some good advice in this thread already, and I can't add much more to it as I'm quite early in the process myself (I own an undersuit and boots at the moment, and I'm on the waitlist for armor until next year sometime) but I can say that research is key to making better decisions for the hobby, and reading FISD / asking questions if you don't understand something are keys to the research process.

The thread you posted in "Getting Started - Read this First!" includes a lot of great information for a new recruit. 

I will throw out this tidbit that the actors in the movie were all (roughly) 5' 10" tall and 170 - 180 lbs.  As a result, any armor that is based off of an original sculpt/kit, etc...  Is built for troopers about that size.

Keep reading, so you can figure out what the best move is for you going forward, ask questions if you've got them and welcome Sylvain, to FISD! 

Good luck.  ;)