Size and NE

Hey guys, new recruit down in oz and In the midst of abstaining my first armor. Lots of recommendations from the local garrison and got some feedback. Just wanting to know about the NE armor and fit.

A lot of the thread here state it's great for larger guys. I'm only 5'10" and about 155 pounds. I know I can trim the armour but will having to trim the NE distort it's shape too much on me? Or will the helmet be too large for me?

Cheers guys

Brett

Well, the originals was modeled around someone who weighed 70kg(140 ish pounds) and 5'9"(175-180cm) if i recall correctly.

So 5'10" and 155 pounds isn't really that "big" if you used regular size you would just have a bit more black showing on your legs / arms if you are taller and if you have a gut more space between the from and back plates.

A tip before buying is read a lot of build threads, look around the forum, check the references up top and look here http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorials

Edited by Logon

with all due respect david... brett is asking about NE armor.  NE armor is not AM armor, so it's really not that much larger.

you have to ask the armor maker about measurements.

don't take advice from casual observers.  ask detailed measurement questions from the armor maker themself.

TM armor is fine for your size, as well ATA AP and TE styles...

NE armor is also fine for your size.

AM or FX armor would be too large.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

with all due respect david... brett is asking about NE armor.  NE armor is not AM armor, so it's really not that much larger.

you have to ask the armor maker about measurements.

don't take advice from casual observers.  ask detailed measurement questions from the armor maker themself.

TM armor is fine for your size, as well ATA AP and TE styles...

NE armor is also fine for your size.

AM or FX armor would be too large.

Sorry, I know he asked about a specific make but because he had 1 post i told him to also check out another one because maybe he hasn't looked at all the others.

Secondly i told him what the problems are when you are either too long or too big.

But Beejay follow what Vern said.

Hey there Brett. I'm building my NE armor now. I'm 5'10" but I've got about an extra 45 lbs on you. So far the biceps were nearly perfect in length, as were the forearms after the front return edge was remoned. Shins are almost perfect in length for me. Chest and back seem well fit but I'll be using most of the built in shims on the ab and kidney where you'll be able to trim most of that off. In short, the kit should fit you well.

As this is my first armor build I can't comment on any other armor.

Hope this helps.

-Brett

perhaps NE might be a little large then! with derek's post.  but anyone who is contacting a maker should supply measurements and ask the advice of

the maker themself!

Thanks again for all your help guys. Got into discussion with maker and going with AP. Looks good for my size. cheers fellas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah mate,  from one aussie to another I am stoked with AP ...I'm 5' 11" and around 185 and it fits great !!!