ANH Stunt [AP] Belt sizing [trooperbay]

Any TKs on the thin side (32/34 waist) out there using a trooperbay canvas belt?

If I use the middle of my canvas belt to mark where the ABS belt is attached, then I end up with 6" of extra canvas.

I understand how I can easily make thet canvas belt the correct size, but I keep hearing that I should use the middle of the canvas belt to mark where to attach the ABS belt.

Does anyone on FISD have actual experience decreasing the length of the canvas belt to suit there waist size?

Please share!

Start from the center. Use a hole punch and anvil from a snap set to punch holes in the canvas belt that match your mounting locations drilled for the hardware you are going to use to mount the plastic belt to the canvas.

Then punch holes for the snap locations in the canvas belt.  Mount jeans style silver snaps to the belt. Make sure they align with your snap locations on the abdomen. Mount snaps to abdomen and test connection.  Mount plastic belt to canvas and check alignment. Glue button covers over your hardware. (Chicago screw posts 1/4" strongly suggested)  If using E-6000 put a small dot of duck tape over the head, and then apply glue.

this prevents the button cover from being distorted by the heat generated during e-6000 cure.

Put armor on, and set belt as tight as possible.  Mark and cut belt at both ends leaving a 1/2" extra on each end.  Make sure you have 4" of overlap

fold extra over where you cut and left extra, and glue or sew in place the end seams.

Glue extra velcro on the inside of the belt to adjust the position of the velcro overlap so that you have 4" of overlap (e-6000 again to the rescue!)

Position holster in place and hole punch the locations for mounting and add your holster.  Again Chicago screw posts 1/4" strongly suggested, some like to use snaps on the inside of rivets.  it's more complex, which is why using screw posts is so simple.

Special thanks to Billy for the photos!

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

but...i think not using the center of the canvas makes more since I will only have to alter one end of the canvas belt. I am looking for info of anyone has tried this. To try to understand better what the ramifications might be.

This is what I am talking about:
------

If I use the center of the canvas, the belt velcro area is way off to the right...

------

...but I can counter this by adjusting the canvas belt to make an accurate "center".  Will this be problematic?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed