So, I've started trimming my plastic and...

My armor arrived this week.  My first set ever.  Last night I started trimming the pieces.  Today I have a question...

Just how much of a return edging, aka a lip, do I need on each piece?  

The only thing I can find about this is on the CRLs; for ANH Stunt, it states "No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed."  But what about the rest of the pieces?  

Going through the tutorials, I am confident I understand the shoulder bells and the shins, and I have a rough idea about the the torso pieces (back, front, top and bottoms), but I'm not quite sure about the biceps, and the thighs.

Could someone please run through the piece of the armor and give me and estimate about the size of the lip on each of these pieces?  The help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for the help!

~Tim

Is that on all pieces?

thanks

I've only started handling return edges on my forearms and biceps so far.  From research I've done, I have taken off the bottom return edge on my biceps, and taken off the outside return edge.  I have left the inside return edge near the arm pit for the biceps.

For my forearms, I took off the whole return edge on the wrist side, and the inside elbow return edge.  I'm contemplating taking off the outside return edge on the elbow side as well.  I've seen screen grabs showing no return edge at all on the elbow side of the forearms.

I don't have shots of my bicep return edge removal yet, but you can see my forearm return edge removal on my build thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24804-maxsteeles-new-ne-armor-build/page-2

I'd challenge the 3/8" on arm and leg pieces and say 1/8-1/4" ... less bitey that way.

Ab to chest and back to kidney should be about 1/2."

And there are plenty of places you don't need return edge at all, and will be more comfortable, like the top of the biceps and the bottom edge of the forearms and bottom of the shins.

On 9/22/2013 at 2:58 AM, TimothyPatrickMc said:

Is that on all pieces?

thanks

Not on ALL pieces. Some don't have return edges at all. The wrist end of the forearms should have NO return edge. The elbow side has been seen with no edge or a hint of an edge. Biceps can have a slight return edge but for comfort's sake, don't go too nuts there. The shoulders ONLY have return edge on the underside that fits around the bicep. I would go 1/4'' there. As for the remainder of the armor parts, there is no "standard" for the amount. 3/8" is just a comfortable measurement. Some leave more, some take more. Take a look at this collection of TK screen grabs. You will see a wide variety of return edges. Pick what you like and copy that to yourarmor -------- I do agree with Ingrid that there are places where less is definitely more. The leg backs and bottom of the shins is a great place to trim back ,like she said. Thanks Ingrid :duim:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed