Newbie Deciding Which Build to Choose

EJGreen

It's going to be several months before I get my RT-Mod suit but I've been researching a lot of information for building my E11.  I'm familiar with the Doopy kits but I have questions about them...

Aside from tools, paint, glue, etc., what other parts or components are required to complete a Doopy build?

How difficult is it to put one of these kits together?

Part of me would like to find a finished build but prices on those things are way too high compared to a Doopy kit.  I'm simply trying to decide if this kind of project is going to be a headache or it's something I can tackle.

Thanks for your feedback

Eric G.

If you were to get a full Doopy kit, you could do the minimum configuration right out of the box with little more than your preferred glue (i used 5 minute two part epoxy), spray paint (primer and some black) and the metal strip to make a scope rail/counter bracket. If when you are researching this seems beyond your abilities, Evilboy makes a  couple of nice ready made scope rail/counter bracket options. 

You can certainly get way more complicated and detailed in the build if you'd like, but it is not required. Things such as some bondo to clean up any bubbles in the resin, moving trigger, moving cocking handle, etc..

With the basic assembly, you can have a Centurion level approvable blaster. you can have the kit built within a day with quick drying glue. Or you can do a little at a time.  Paint will take a couple days if the weather is right. 

Good luck with your research, and be sure to read through various blaster builds such as the one linked in my signature, or ones far superior to mine that you'll find in the E-11 section. 

If you ever built any type of model kit, you should not fear building a doppydoos blaster.

Just look through the numerous build threads to see the "pitfalls" and the "remember tos.."

You can always get in touch with me for advice and/or questions :-)

Good luck!