Greeting my fellow troopers

TK-9969

I am somewhat new here, to the Detachment. An ex bought me a trooper suit, and after dinking around with it for sometime, I have realized is all she did was screw me. That being said I have vowed to make this suit what I want it to be. The suit was bought on ebay and it is an FX suit. I am solving some of the issues slowly but surely. I have noticed that the chest plate is a bit small for my frame, I am 6'5" 240 lbs. so the chest plate does not quite begin to cover the top of the abdominal plate. Any suggestions??

I have not yet start to paint the suit yet, but will hopefully start, I see there are good threads here to learn from, my problem is I bought helmet from EFX which I am madly in love with. Any suggestions on matching up the paint with that? Start with a dark shade then add a lighter shade? Scuff marks etc..

But my primary concern is the chest plate! Can I add ABS plastic to extend it longer? and if so where can a newbie buy ABS plastic that it close enough to what I am dealing with?

Any and all comments are welcome, and will value all feedback, except for the ones that state that FX sucks cause I already know that :)

TK-9969