Maxsteele's Bass Amsterdam TK conversion

Use a watersoaked wooden wedge (a rosewood nail cleaner is good), and then push the "leftover" paint into the crevice between the bootleather and the sole). That did the trick for me, the Water causes the paint to stick to the leather again....

Thanks guys. Ā That sounds simple enough to do.

Ā 

1) Ā Soren, I'm not completely sure what type of item a rosewood wedge / nail cleaner is. Ā Do you have a link to show what this is?

Ā 

2) Ā Paul, what type of paint should be used on the edge of the soles? Ā And would I just use regular 'black'? Ā Also, would I paint down on the sides of the soles as well to make the tops match, or just paint the tops?

Mate

Any wedge shaped piece of wood that fits into crevice between the upper-leather and the sole will do the job.....

Ā 

This is a link to the one I used http://mypolishstash.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-blog-series-how-i-do-it-cuticles.html

Ā 

My wife corrected me, it is not a nail cleaner, but a cuticle remover....;-)...

Ā 

Not to steal Pauls thunder, but I would just( actually have used), use black paint semi flat, and paint the whole of the sole.....

Mate

Any wedge shaped piece of wood that fits into crevice between the upper-leather and the sole will do the job.....

Ā 

This is a link to the one I used http://mypolishstash.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-blog-series-how-i-do-it-cuticles.html

Ā 

My wife corrected me, it is not a nail cleaner, but a cuticle remover....;-)...

Ā 

Not to steal Pauls thunder, but I would just( actually have used), use black paint semi flat, and paint the whole of the sole.....

Ā 

OH! Ā One of those sticks. Ā Yeah, ok. Ā I know what those are. Ā Hell, I could just use a wooden BBQ skewer. Ā  :)

Ā 

For the paint on the soles, should it be acrylic, latex, oil-based? Ā I've never done this before so I have no clue what type of paint to use.

Ā 

EDIT:

Ā 

It looks like what I want is called "Edge Dressing". Ā I'm searching on where to get that.

Edited by maxsteele

Yeah, one of those sticks..:-)...what do you call those? ( help out the foreigner)...

I used the paint I had lying around....acrylic waterbased...and I maintain it with shoepolish..if you can scrape off as much white as possible offthe sole, it will be easier to paint....:-)

OH! Ā One of those sticks. Ā Yeah, ok. Ā I know what those are. Ā Hell, I could just use a wooden BBQ skewer. Ā  :)

Ā 

For the paint on the soles, should it be acrylic, latex, oil-based? Ā I've never done this before so I have no clue what type of paint to use.

Ā 

EDIT:

Ā 

It looks like what I want is called "Edge Dressing". Ā I'm searching on where to get that.

Ā 

Oh, your wife had it right. Ā They're cuticle sticks. Ā Searching for those pulls them right up.

Ā 

The Edge Dressing I'm looking at is all for if the soles of your boots are made of leather also, which I know these Bass Amsterdams are certainly not. Ā Yeah, some acrylic flat paint put on with a fine brush should take care of it. Ā I'm feeling more confident about finishing off the boots now.

Okey dokey :-)... Yup she often is.....and I thought I commanded the English language quite well...seems I have a major gap when it comes to manicure tools ;-).....

Yes edge dresing is for leather soles...

Acrylic paint will do it, but I would use semi flat, satin or whatever it is called..:-)

Edited by SorenM

Holy cow! Ā I can't believe what a difference that black paint made! Ā Check it out:

Ā 

4heRsTj.jpg

Ā 

pZ0PGtN.jpg

Ā 

hlYqSRr.jpg

Ā 

bo5Sf3u.jpg\

Ā 

Ā 

I was able to hide all of my cutting mistakes and all the seepage. Ā This project is done!

Edited by maxsteele