straight ear bumps or what?

hey guys another noob question but when attatching ears do the  bumps with rank isignias  need to be square and straight or can they be a little on a forward lean? i have looked at various images on here and it seems that the screen used stunts were all over the place with one side square and the other on a lean. i want to be approved so before fitting the ears i wanna be sure! im already geting enough grief with my ATA trying to get it to fit together! any help would be appreciated!

The Dave M helmet is a great closeup guide. This may answer  some of your questions. Check out the painted details when your ready to paint. Have fun and take your time. 

6KpsGUT.jpg

JG3C7cS.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

When assembled there should be a slight forward lean. The space between trap and ear should be a thumblength, with this spacing the ear should want to rest with a lean as the ear fits in the groove that covers the seam where the cap-n-back meets the faceplate.