Hasbro electronics - how to make them louder/clearer

Some time ago before I ever fathomed I would be a trooper, I was a toy collector. I had gotten a very rare, sought after Power Rangers toy which had electronics. In the process of refurbishing it I accidentally broke one of the internal wires. I was devastated. Luckily I had a friend who was skilled with electronics and was willing to solder the wire back together. What we found was that the toy was louder, brighter, and faster than ever.

My point: If you are taking your Hasbro apart, realize that these are made in huge amounts and they use a minimal amount of cheap solder to save money. If you have any skill with electronics (which I don't), you can go in and strengthen all the cheap brittle solder connections with new, good solder, and your E-11 would be screaming loud and bright!

Is this standard practice anyway? I just had the thought last night and wanted to share.

I have done a couple of E-11's one I added a small amp which just fits inside the blaster, I say just but had to do a bit of cutting, the other one I added some output wires to the speaker and I run this to a socket on the base of the blaster, I have a cord which plugs in to the socket and then runs up my arm to my Aker input socket, gives all the noise you want :D