Fan Expo 2013 PR Event - SW Volleyball

Clamps

Late summer is upon is which means its time for the Canadian Garrison's largest event of the year "Fan Expo." We were asked to come out today to have a little game of Beach Volleyball as a publicity/photo-opportunity with the local media to boost awareness of the show to the masses. 

By Toronto standards, it was sunny, hot and humid (being close the the lake and all ;) It all seemed like a good idea at the time. 

In attendance:

TK-9418 Ken Pony Boy Morse (TIVBP)

TK-3417 Phil "I used to be Captain Rex" Fabroni (TIVBP) - First troop as a TK

DZ-25267 Charles "Tusken Boo Boo" Bowes (yay that's me!)

DZ-7436 Michelle "Tusken Ma" Donnelly

BH-11666 Shawn Preston

CB-85039 Allan Rombough - First 501st Troop

TK-2029 Leisa "I'm Slave Leia" Knapp

this one will also be counting for Tantive IV Boarding Party Fire Team troop, as Ken and Phil were representing in TK. Charles and Leisa were traitors and put on the Tattoine outerwear!

Enough chatter, here comes the pictures. Media coverage links to follow as we find them. 

Doing a little sand check to make sure everything is in order:

1229809_10151545030026167_1016505959_n_zps343aaa68.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

not a lot of return shots. Tons of aces. plenty of goofing off. we were all pretty paranoid about damage on the eve of the biggest event of our year. 

I sustained non impact damage. the heat was strong enough to loosen the bond on my velcro battery attachment. The battery dropped, pulled on the fan and broke the connection. No fan=heat build up super fast. I had to pull myself from the activities as I was starting to get light headed. luckily I was very hydrated so I was able to cool down pretty quickly after kit removal.  Tuskens in the sun are not easy to troop.