Painting my black Chelsea boots white

Have been walking around the house for a couple of hours, wearing my new Stormtrooper boots...

The fit is great (already knew that ofcourse, as they are my old paradeboots).

Paint is coming off in the creases in the leather, but I figure that it did that on the original boots as well, so I will just touch up with either Angelus, or just normal shoewhitener....giving them that original, lightly scuffed look......

I have just found another pair, that look even more like the real deal, which I will paint as well, so as to have two different pairs...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's [ img] [/img] or click the little picture in the editor ;D

Nice boots!
I see the paint worked on the textile as well! Does it want to crack or is it nice?

Just got my boots and walked with them, the right boot fits like a glove, but the left one is hurting my little toe after walking for 30 minutes, something i should do? Or should i just walk around with them some more but tape up my toe.

Edited by Logon

Nice boots!

I see the paint worked on the textile as well! Does it want to crack or is it nice?

Just got my boots and walked with them, the right boot fits like a glove, but the left one is hurting my little toe after walking for 30 minutes, something i should do? Or should i just walk around with them some more but tape up my toe.

Thanks mate:-)....

I cracks a bit when you put them on, but it does not come off, its flexible.

Yeah saw them, and they are awesome....

You could continue to walk them until they fit, where exactly does it hurt?.and how much is it?...you can soak the left in water and walk around in it, or put in a shoe tree in it, or lastly see a real cobbler who can expand it for you...

Nice boots!

I am using an Ipad, so the interface is not the same, hence no picture button Edited by SorenM

Paint is coming off in the creases in the leather, but I figure that it did that on the original boots as well

did u clean boots leather with any solvent before painting?

i also used the angelous and it still resist well after already some events

i also used angelous paint on the textile, it cover well, but i noticed that it lost elastic property

Edited by skyone

did u clean boots leather with any solvent before painting?

i also used the angelous and it still resist well after already some events

i also used angelous paint on the textile, it cover well, but i noticed that it lost elastic property

Yes I did, but just to take off the uppermost layer, I did not get all the way down to the raw leather though..

Any way, I will see how it holds up, once I start wearing them for trooping ( damn I can't to get my armour. My boots are finished, I am bulding my blaster, I have the undersuit and balaclava, the rest of the soft parts come with my armour..and then ofcourse I ave to apply, and get okayed first....).

I think te elasticity is intact, however a little less than before...

anyway before the event i just retouch with angelous where needed and i get the boots new as the first time :P

Nice, I will do that if they become too scuffed...

here pictures of mines, after 3 events (Milan Comics, Roma Comics, Celebration II)

as said above, i painted again only minor scratches

18398070_20130820_153633.jpg

18398071_20130820_153620.jpg

18398094_20130820_153649.jpg

i leave newspaper inside to keep the leather relaxed

Edited by skyone

here pictures of mines, after 3 events (Milan Comics, Roma Comics, Celebration II)as said above, i painted again only minor scratches 18398070_20130820_153633.jpg18398071_20130820_153620.jpg 18398094_20130820_153649.jpg i leave newspaper inside to keep the leather relaxed

Looking good...:-)... We'll see how good mine will hold up...

I'll have you know I've spent a lot of time and effort making my white boots look like they were originally black and painted white. Yours look awesome and with some weathering from trooping they will look even more accurate :duim:

Thanks so much

• 4 weeks later...