Classical V Brass Festival - Toronto

Clamps

July 27, 2013

This is an annual Brass Festival that takes place at the Toronto Harbourfront area. On the weekend, they have various kids activities like decorating a toy horn.

The day should play out like this:

After the kids are done decorating, they bring the kids onto a small Gazebo type stage and get them to play along with the Star War Theme song. 

This is where we come in. A few bars into the song, two TKs and Darth Vader make an entrance to the scene, approach the conductor area and motion to CUT the music. Vader then taps his Lightsaber on the music stand and cues the Imperial March. He conducts the kids through the song. 

Horrible sounds ensue from the toy horns (thank GOD for my fan noise). When its done, everyone takes a bow, photos are taken, we run for the hills. 

Well, remember I said "should play out liek this" this assumes it does not dump a major amount of rain prior to our arrival and not drive all the kids to leave, well most of them. By the time we got there kitted up, we only had a few kids left. We had to be relocated to a different area and well, it was still fun, but not as impressive as it should have been (Day two was MUCH better, but I could not attend)

In Attendance:
  • SL 829 Roy Mitchell
  • TK 25267 Charles Bowes "Clamps" (TIVBP)
  • TK 9418 Ken Morse "Pony Boy" (TIVBP)

anywho here are the photos now that I made you suffer through a short story...

Pre-show group shot with Clamps Jr. :

P1070236_zpse5ddb061.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Are you blowing you're own horn Clamps LOL, nice one, another great troop to add to the list, well done :D