M 47, M38 scope optic swap

Hello FISD!!! I would like to make an upgrade on my blaster. I have owned an M38 scope for a long time but have not been too keen on adding it to my blaster because it has no lenses (optics). I just came into an M47 scope in really good shape. As we all know, the M47's were never used and the only real difference between the 47 and the 38 is the red dot on the top and well......the numbers.DSCN0364_zpsebae0f0d.jpgDSCN0367_zpsaf8b7d2e.jpgAnyway. Since both scopes are practically identical, I didn't think it a big deal that the optics can be swapped but have never done that before. There is a slotted retaining ring around both front and rear of the scope.DSCN0366_zpsd53ae83d.jpgDSCN0365_zps2b384392.jpg Before I go hacking away at this brass retaining ring, does anyone know of any special tricks that I might need to get these off and swap out the optics?

Edited by gazmosis

there is a lens tool that you'll want to make or purchase.

best place to try is a gunsmith.  they usually have creative ways of making tools.

don't hack away at the retaining ring, that's even harder to replace than a lens!

some machinists also might know how to properly handle it.

photos are not working bro!

ok you do not have the correct scope for anything star wars/

both scopes are not seen in the film.

so you don't have to worry about the lenses because both of the scopes are wrong.

sorry to say

you can use bondo to fix it up

The correct designation should not have the A2 mark.

The A2 designations are not star wars scopes.

you simply need to use bondo to correct the A2 to the pure m38

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392