New Start

:angry: Ok I am going to take this helmet out and SHOOT it!!!!! :angry: Not really, I'm just going to "tack" on the other parts,ears ect and down the road I'll get a power sander and remove this shucks coat of paint and re-do the "F"ing thing!. The only reason I keep the idea of keeping this one is the work I put into the fit and feel of this thing! As far as that this is one good bucket :) But the paint job just don't seem to want to work? Any ideas out there? Is there a paint that wont run/dry un-even, ect?

This may seem like a stupid question and dont take offense but are you sanding before you paint? oh and are you doing this in a garage or outdoors?

:blink: Hell ya pre-sanded and primer paint but it just came out sooo bad :o It's runny, splotchy, it just is not a smooth coat and no mater how meny coats no improvment at all! What is the best paint to use on ABS, I think I could still power sand the shucks out of it and try one more time :6:

:) Good day sports fans, today I'll try to pick up some last bit's and parts to get the "body" part of my TK armor done. Or at least all hooked up! I'll try to get some othe rtype of spray paint and get set-up to "last-try" re-do the paint jiob on my bucket! I just sent off my payment for my E3 Clone trooper helmet, and I should be seeing my clone armor maybe next week, so I better get off my Sheb and finish this TK off! :P

:) Good day sports fans, today I'll try to pick up some last bit's and parts to get the "body" part of my TK armor done. Or at least all hooked up! I'll try to get some othe rtype of spray paint and get set-up to "last-try" re-do the paint jiob on my bucket! I just sent off my payment for my E3 Clone trooper helmet, and I should be seeing my clone armor maybe next week, so I better get off my Sheb and finish this TK off! :P

Cant wait to hear the results and see pictures.

:mellow: Well if I knew to only use Krylon Fusion spray paint for plastic, I may have come off with a really cool bucket, as it is I have power sanded, cleaned and re-painted and now instead of complete never wear it shucks to maybe use it for practise/mod experiments/ but never trooping :huh:

:huh: Well by in large my TK kit is done. But not for the bucket, I would be very happy now, and from what I hear my RT-MOD bucket will be a long time in coming :o I sure hope my first clone/clone bucket (E3 type) works out better. I will pick up a 3rd FX kit down the road maybe and try again later :huh:

:) Hello all, well this is as far as I'm going with this TK set untill I get my RT-MOD, then I'll complete this armour for test wear and app for membership with the 501st, I do think there is a group near me. I should be part way or complete my E3 Clone Trooper and will inclued that too. I am happy with the way the leather belt worked out, I'm going to leave the buttons off for a) painting or B) turning this kit into TD, then I'll get a new knee plate.

:) No,your right. The FX kit's lower leg or thigh parts form their own little "gap's" when glued together. But because of the shape of my thigh's and legs, other then the damn ear parts for the helm :o , the thighs give me problems. Most tall users will have no problems lineing up the back of the thigh plates to match the bend behined their knee's. But with me I have to trim so much to get the thigh's together, most of the "factory made gap" is gone :P

:) No,your right. The FX kit's lower leg or thigh parts form their own little "gap's" when glued together. But because of the shape of my thigh's and legs, other then the damn ear parts for the helm :o , the thighs give me problems. Most tall users will have no problems lineing up the back of the thigh plates to match the bend behined their knee's. But with me I have to trim so much to get the thigh's together, most of the "factory made gap" is gone :P

Thank you very much. Does your left leg pinch? Still looks good. This is my first attempt so we will see how it goes.

:) For my thigh's I flexed my thighs and then made the measurement from that as to where to trim the leg parts ....both thigh and calfs. :D As far as the pic, the one leg plate is just turned a bit both thigh plates have some of the 'bend" part left after trimming :P