HELP! I need some fancy sandpaper

Well, as some of you may know, I've been trying really hard to do this ATA hero mod on my faceplate. Well, I was able to get the fourth bump out, but hte problem is I got it way out and now it's a circular hump sticking out. It's driving me mad! I have no choice but to do the progressive grades of sandpaper and gently sand that area smooth again. I hope. Is anyone out there willing to sell me just a little of their fancy sandpapers? I don't need a whole package, and I don't know where I would find those. Any help is appreciated... ugh this stupid helmet is really upsetting me :(

Here it is, I'm really frustrated by the whole thing. I might even sell it and some other stuff to try to replace it if it can't be fixed. The helmet is riveted together, so I couldn't get the iron into it very well and could only touch the back of the bump with the tip of it

9jzuyku.jpg

Nice! I didn't think of that. The sandpaper was fairly cheap but the plastic polish is a little spendy. I wonder where I can find it the cheapest... any ideas?

EDIT: nevermind. I went ahead and got it from ebay. Jeez if I ever sell this suit after I'm finished, it will be sold for no less than 2000 dollars! 

Edited by bigtrev503

Micro-Mesh sanding pads work great and will really make it shine. They can be found on the bay, 1500 course to 12000 fine, the kit has 9 pads  and they are inexpensive. 

Yes it is salvageable, make sure you start with course wet and dry sandpaper, I used 240 grit and did the sanding in water as the paper will last longer, also use something firm, bit of wood or plastic and have the sandpaper wrapped around it, that will give you a nice flat sanding base. Once I was happy with the tooth I then sanded with 600 grit then finished with 1200 grit. Any buffing compound will work, I purchased a small tin from a local Auto shop, wasn't costly at all. The whole process does take some time but it is worth it in the end. I know you have seen the pictures of my hero conversion and as you had seen you can make the extra teeth disapear :D