Testors vs. Humbrol

the testors colors match the screen used colors more closely.

humbrol has changed the color grey to a lighter format.  this makes the ears and frown on humbrol helmets far too light in color.

I have humbrol and testors paints, and my decals I get from trooperbay have been pantone matched to screen used helmets.

the color matching process that trooperbay used makes it clear that testors 1138 grey is a perfect match.

the tubestripe blue, and gloss black humbrol colors are still the same.

the testors colors match the screen used colors more closely.

humbrol has changed the color grey to a lighter format.  this makes the ears and frown on humbrol helmets far too light in color.

I have humbrol and testors paints, and my decals I get from trooperbay have been pantone matched to screen used helmets.

the color matching process that trooperbay used makes it clear that testors 1138 grey is a perfect match.

the tubestripe blue, and gloss black humbrol colors are still the same.

Alright! So Testors 1138 Grey, Semigloss black, and French blue it is.

Gloss black for the stripes and outlines. Semi-gloss or flat for the vocorder. (It's up to you)

Not a lot of small hobby shops carry the semi gloss or matte finishes in black. If one mixes equal parts flat and gloss, you will get the matte finish for the vocoder and the mic tips.

What do think, Vern, I have kept a sheet of Trooperbay's decals for color reference, and I always need to add a touch of black to get the Testors gray to match.