Good Boots in the UK

Hi All

I was wondering if you had any advice on boots to buy in the UK. I know that there are quite a few options available and I wanted to just run them through with you.

I know that the best boots available are TKBoots, yet they are having trouble looking for a new supplier. These were my first option, but I'll wait until they get a new supplier for their boots before buying any. So I thought I'd come to you guys for some help on my choices.

The first is buying Chelsea/Jodhpur and dying or painting them white. I've seen the tutorials on this already but I am not sure on what is the best product for the job in the UK.

The next option is buying some boots of eBay. I've found a few sellers, but they are all in the US.

Here is one of them:

--------------

Are there any other options to go for?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Don't buy those boots. They look like crap and the vendor is a front for starfortress (you can google that for more nasty info). It's not someone you want to be supporting.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi,

Dyeing black boots white isn't as hard as you think as long as you prepare them properly first.  We used super strength nail varnish acetone remover and a scourer to remove all traces of polish first then then preparer that came with the dye.  We used Tarrago white dye which you can find on ebay.  My wife's boots took about four coats and are still looking good after 17 troops!  If you need any help just ask!  :)  

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I am a fan of the white Tarrago dye.

This actually dyes the leather white, rather than painting on top of the shoe.

I've done 3 pairs this way.

The dye doesn't work on the elasticated fabric part. You need fabric paint for that.

Then normal white shoe whitener after that for top ups.

Thanks for the advice.

Should I go for the Angelus White Paint or Tarrago White Dye? Which gives the better result and requires the less maintenance? Also, can I use the Angelus Paint on the elastic or do I have to use fabric paint? 

I think Troopermaster prefers the Angelus paint.

Try searching on a few painting posts and form your own opinion from the info available.

The Tarrago kit includes acetone, and the dye and costs about £7 from eBay.