NEED HELP: Right thigh ammo pack placement

Could somebody please help me?

I'm putting the ammo pack on the right thigh and am having some troubles. A guy does a demo on Trooperbay and thought it'd be easy. I lined up the corner of the ammo pack on the outside of the thigh along the ridge nicely. I then went to line up the inside edge and it lines up OK.... but when you stand back the ammo pack seems crooked and hangs too low.

When I go back and watch the video, the guy drills the hole for the inside edge up higher on the thigh above the lip/ridge. Is this correct? I'm building an AP kit if that makes a difference.

I was looking at some reference builds and some guys seem to anchor the corners on the ridges (where it seems logical to put them) but then tilt the front up so it doesn't hang too low.

What should I do?!

It is attached to the centre of the ridge in the top corner of the ammo belt. AP belts do sit crooked and that is aceptable, some choose to use a little heat to straighten them. Couple pics below of Jeremy's AP build.

U5SQ9wc.jpg

EzgRrIZ.jpg

Perfect! Something felt very wrong when I saw that drilling up the thigh. Much appreciated guys. Pics really help.

No need for thanks, you have done the right thing, if you don't know ask, good luck with the rest of the build.

Edited by gmrhodes13