Ammo belt questions

Hi guys,

Getting closer to finishing up my build. I don't want to screw things up so I want to get the small details nailed before cutting. What angle are the corners of the plastic ammo belt cut at? I think 45 degrees right? And what distance from the end are they cut at? Does that make sense? If you were to take it uncut, how far back from the corner do you mark the cut point?

Another question.... is the ammo belt permanently attached to the torso or do you just put it on each time?

And another! ;) How do you close the backs of the packs that hang from the belt? Some guys make it look like they're almost a box and very pretty but I have no idea how they do that. The best I'd be able to do is to cut a rectangle and glue it to the back.

Then there's the thermal detonator. I have the pieces glued to the painted tube but how do you attach the money clips to the tube so it clips to the belt nicely? What positiong should the long white piece with "buttons" be when looking at it from the back? The few pics I've seen seem like the white piece is pointed upwards so the grey tube is more prominent. What's the best way to have it attached?

Help a bro out!

Matt

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/6372-index-of-all-tutorials/ may help with a few things. I would start there.

-------------- for attatching the belt

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22697-screen-accurate-thermal-detonators-run-2/ good pics of TD's here.

hope that helps some.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think Sam has you covered with the tutorial links. Most of us use inner drop boxes to finish off the outers that come with your kit. There is a thread in the Ongoing Sales and Projects forum for inner drop boxes.

thank you for the links. I saw the one with the belt. Still doesn't explicitly say if I'm to permanently attach it to the abs or not. Looks like an alignment guide but wonder if it should per permanetly rivited in place. Also wondering still about how much of the corners to cut off. That's not listed anywhere that I can find.

The belt is attached to the ab with snaps, so it is remove-able. Or it should be if you do it right anyway.

The belt corners are cut at 45 degrees around 10 mm in from each edge.

Just want to clarify. The drawing/schematic of where to drill the torso is asymmetrical. Is that right!? It shows the right side to be way further out from the mid line compared to the left. I don't want to make a mistake and would appreciate some clarification. Thanks.