Joining the 501st

Now that I'm settling in here and waiting for my TK suit, I decided to put in my application with my local garrison -- Garrison Carida. I believe I submitted my application mid week this past week. About how long does the application process generally take? Just want to make certain my email went through ok as that has been an issue from my phone lately. However, I don't want to email again if the wait is SOP. Thanks for the help.

Applying to yuor garrison is just joining a forum - how long that takes depends on the garrison I guess. Usually when you've completed your armour, you'll apply to your garrison for clearance AND to the 501st for a designation at the same time. For instance, I joined the UK Garrison then, when my armour was does I submitted my clearance pics to the UKG and my app to the 501st. They talk to each other and 3 weeks later, I was cleared and had my TK number.

I understand. I was simply looking to get involved at this point with 'cadet' status and join the group. I followed procedures but was just curious if it is usually a process that takes time, or if my blasted email is still on the fritz (from my phone anyway).