A special pic.. for you all on this Happy New Year

Guest T*E

What boxes did you see ANH, ESB, ROTJ?!!?!

I have no clue. More than likely ESB or ROTJ since they were the smaller ones. I really dont pay attention to Vader at all really. Sorry!

T*E

Thanks for sharing this awesome info! 023.gif

Maybe this is where the ESB tube stripes originated from.

It is possible.. who knows! Yeah the paint job isnt the best there, but I have seen the move along and stop that ship helmet and they arenot painted the best either. I guess they had some really bad rush jobs on some helmets, and some even worse on set touch up jobs as well.

T*E

just wondering since the tube stripes are pobably from a restoration, could this then mean that the tubes had no stripes and this is in fact......... Mr No Stripes????

Guys, this is NOT a restoration. Said it once and will say it again. Its not. It is more than likely an on set quick fix since this helmet and armor was verified by the main stunt guy, as the helmet that was used to do the 2 main falls in the death star.

mr no stripes ha screws on the ears, this one has RIVETS holing the ears on.

T*E

I dont think its Mr. Nostripes. The bad paint on the voicecoder isnt unusual and I wouldnt think it to be a repair after the movie. And as for the stickers, I'm not ruling out that this was a repair, but I dont think it was. I think there s problably some other piece of the puzzle with the changing decals which we dont know about.

Matt, maybe you could confirm this; Is there another helmet in the bottom left of that picture? It looks like a faceplate that had tubestripe stickers on it but they are now gone.

I dont think its Mr. Nostripes. The bad paint on the voicecoder isnt unusual and I wouldnt think it to be a repair after the movie. And as for the stickers, I'm not ruling out that this was a repair, but I dont think it was. I think there s problably some other piece of the puzzle with the changing decals which we dont know about.

Matt, maybe you could confirm this; Is there another helmet in the bottom left of that picture? It looks like a faceplate that had tubestripe stickers on it but they are now gone.

That is an ROTJ faceplate. This was used to make new decals as well as forming molds for the SE helmets. The face and ears are all that is left. The cap and back was missing.

BTW, PM me please!

T*E