Rebel Aussault 2 troopersuits

Turrican

I stumbled on the net over some old games.

I'm correct if i would guess that those suit's in the movie sequences real screen used RotJ suits?

Are there any more infos or pic's about the used suits in this game?

• 2 months later...

Could be promo suits. They look a little too shiny and "fresh" for being 12 year old armour. The game is from 1995. Also, I'm not too sure about those fabric-like shoulder bridges. Didn't screen used ROTJ have plastic?

Yes, the real bridges were plastic as far as I know. Wasn't there a tour suit (or some kind of similar mock-up) have flexible bridges like that? Maybe that's what they are.

I didn't know what year this was from, but hey, the ROTJ suits were pulled out of crates in 96 or 97 to be dirtied up as SE TDs, so these could have been just as easily spit shined.

On 1/31/2013 at 1:23 AM, bjsavage7 said:

Yes, the real bridges were plastic as far as I know. Wasn't there a tour suit (or some kind of similar mock-up) have flexible bridges like that? Maybe that's what they are.

I didn't know what year this was from, but hey, the ROTJ suits were pulled out of crates in 96 or 97 to be dirtied up as SE TDs, so these could have been just as easily spit shined.

As far as I know they weren't. New suits were made for the SE scenes that required it (like the additional sandtrooper scenes). There is picture on starwarshelmets from the assembly line.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-TOUR-stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Wow. Thats interesting. I knew they had to make new back packs, but had no idea the entire suits were newly created. It seems like that thay would have attempted to make them look more like the original ANH suits; without belt boxes & what not.

I doubt that they tried to make them more like ANH since they had the big black frowns and bubble lenses. Since LFL apparently has named the ROTJ-look the "official" look of the stormtroopers that is likely what they tried to follow.