Australian State Laws regarding the E-11 Blaster - Legal in NSW or not?

Anzac1915

Ok,

Serious question here.

Do we need a special permit to have/own an E-11 Blaster?

I only ask because I know it was modeled on the Stirling Sub-machine gun & the similarities are VERY obvious.

I live in NSW Australia where gun-laws are very Draconian & I dont want to get into trouble with the police & I'd ask the 'firearms registry' but for them its always a case of "when in doubt, say NO!" so I thought someone here might have a clue :-)

Thanks chaps & Chapettes :-)

Gray

Im new to this forum so im still learning the ropes when it comes to costumes but i do have my gun liscence and it should be all good as long as the

replica weapon dosnt have any moving parts e.g bolt slide and it would greatly help you if you get pulled up for it to have a closed or blocked barrel. As long as the weapon is not made of steel you should have no problems whatsoever.

Hi Graham, you're probably asking this question on the wrong forum. FISD is mainly populated by people from the US, and US weapon laws are very different to Australian weapon laws.

Replica weapons are treated exactly the same as the weapon that they are a copy of in NSW. If you get caught with a replica Sterling SMG in public in NSW, you face exactly the same charge as if you were carrying a real one. The way the law looks at it is if the general public think it is a real weapon, it is treated as a real weapon.

The Sterling SMG is a prohibited weapon in NSW. You can not get a license to own a real Sterling, or a replica Sterling, unless you own a museum or are a collector. If you manage to get a license as a collector or museum owner it will have to stay locked in your museum or collection, and you will not be allowed to take it out in public.

Please have a read through this thread, and you'll get an idea about how the NSW Police may act if you try and push the issue with them.

http://www.whitearmo...dutch garrison

We get away with carrying our E-11's because the Police turn a blind eye. Our E-11's are the last thing to get unpacked from our kit bags when we put our costumes on, and the first thing to get packed away when we get out of our costumes. We do not wave them around, we do not point them at people, we do not take them on troops where we will be on public property. We always ask the people that we are trooping for if they are ok if we bring them out. We are very careful with them.

Dave.

Edited by davej

Dave,

Thanks mate, I am a licensed shoot & have been for over 20 years & a re-enactor (Living History) as well.

I know how hard it is to get a commisioners permit for these type's of replica's.

The WWI Anzac group I started 12-15 years go actually has a permit for a WWI Lewis Gun but the hoops needed to be jumped through are horrific ( including having a lock up brick armoury & yeah our Lewis Gun doesnt have any moving parts.

I was very curious as to how you all go about importing 'E-11s' (if thats possible) or does everyone make/convert them here?

I will read that thread, thanks Dave.

I'm on the Mid-North coast,(Wingham, near Taree), so please feel free to get in touch with me as I'm all alone out here & would love to catch up with some of you sometime :-)

Gray

Very off topic but...

In Mexico it is illegal to have replicas that look real, specially if they are assault or heavy weapons. But due to the "war against drugs", lots of weapons exist in mexico owned by the drug cartels.

So... once I was driving to a troop and didnt care enough to put my MG15 in a proper bag or something, so it was just there on the back seat of my car, showing to everyone. In a traffic light, a police car stop just besides me. They got a good look at my MG15, then look at me (I saw that). Then they had a couple of words about it, and just pretended that they didnt see me. Even drove away as fast as they could.

That was funny, but the in reality it is very very sad and scary.

Regular Police doesnt handle heavy weapons issues normally. But the army is patrolling most main cities and thousands of small towns and villages along Mexico. And for them, there is no explanation needed. They see the gun, they go for it.

So yes, Be very careful and follow your local laws... But the suits help a lot and explain a lot by themselves.

Sorry, couldnt resist to tell that little story.

Now, back on topic.

Saludos.

I was very curious as to how you all go about importing 'E-11s' (if thats possible) or does everyone make/convert them here?

I will read that thread, thanks Dave.

I'm on the Mid-North coast,(Wingham, near Taree), so please feel free to get in touch with me as I'm all alone out here & would love to catch up with some of you sometime :-)

Gray

We don't do it legally, as there isn't a legal avenue open to us. My favourite E-11 is a hand made pipe build.

100_0694.jpg

100_0684.jpg

I could easily go to gaol for a couple of years for my collection, but that is a choice that I've made.

The stuff in the link that Krazy Ivan posted is legal to import, but once you've put it together it is illegal.

Join up on the Southern Cross Garrison forum. We have a member and a cadet in Tamworth, and a whole pile of members in Newie and Nelsons Bay, with regular events in Newie. I know it is a couple of hours, but it aint a world away.

Edited by davej

• 5 months later...

Hey Gray, good to see you here. I think Dave has said it all very well on this topic.

Feel free to drop me a pm either here on at the Southern Cross Garrison's forums as well.