First TK build

Live Wire

Hello all,

I am 501st member 5244 JD Courtney. I currently have a Tusken, but you can read all about that in the introduction forums ;)

I just got a "tupperware AM" kit and I want to make it into a commander. I need the tupperware kit cause I am a rather large guy, and this kit is masive and comes with a lot of extra room. I have been reading a lot of the forums and I keep seeing that a commanders armor is ROTJ while the bucket is ANH. Or that the hand plates need to be different. Is this possible to achive with my tupperware kit? I also want to shoot for EIB status and would love some tips and pointers on how to achieve that. The CRL is a little difficult to follow, but I think I can figure out most of it, but if there are some things that you guys know are a little tricky, I would love to hear what you have to say. Like, what am I supposed to use for "A white flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip shall be present around all edges, bottom, both sides and neck area."? Is that supposed to be like a weather stripping?

Basically, I would love to have as much input from all of you as possible, because when it comes to armor, I really know nothing ;)

Thanks everyone!

One of the best things to do is look at all the build threads for the TKC that have been done already. You may find a lot of answers already in those, because everyone has a lot of the same questions, and those often have photos attached so you can really see what people mean, not just words like the CRL.

Also, you may have to do a little swapping here and there for the parts that are different; for example, the hand plates. However, as you have the bulk of the kit, you should be ready to get started on the main items for the body. If TKC is ROTJ-derived, you can also look at some of the ROTJ builds for more info about those details.

And don't be afraid to ping some of the TKCs in the forums :) I'm sure they'd love to have a new brother! Sorry I'm not much direct help, but hopefully that will help you get rolling until others chime in.

I assisted my squadmate in converting his AM TK into a TKC. Handplates are ANH style, and those come with your kit. The CRL is a good guideline to follow - I use it as a checklist. Hang out in the TKC section of the forums and check out some build threads. Follow those that led the way before you. ;)

For EIB/Centurion edge trim is required. Mason recommended boat molding:

http://www.whitearmo..._40#entry175302