Thigh harness

Here is a great mod for those that are tired of "pulling up your pants" because your thighs are connected to your abs. I found an old hiking pack and stripped everything. I used the padded belt portion, two straps with buckles already attached, some snap buttons, small ABS squares and hot glue and viola instant thigh harness that keeps your thighs in place. Obviously, I got the idea from that production photo showing a guy laying on the groun with his thighs on. It works great. The belt portion is hidden by the utility belt.

This is what I've been wondering about. I like your setup Wally.

Is it a good idea to permanently connect the thigh pieces to a harness? (well, connect with glue)

I was thinking about using two straps from a harness for each thigh (one with velcro, and one with two snaps)

What's everyone else's opinion from experience?

This is what I've been wondering about. I like your setup Wally.

Is it a good idea to permanently connect the thigh pieces to a harness? (well, connect with glue)

I was thinking about using two straps from a harness for each thigh (one with velcro, and one with two snaps)

What's everyone else's opinion from experience?

I use the belt and suspender system. Works a treat.

For my part, I just use a substantial leather belt and have sewn loops at one end of 2 lengths of 50mm wide black elastic. The belt passes through these loops. The other end of the elastic will be taken care of below.

For the thigh armour, I have cut small squares of syrene (we call it plasticard in the UK), 1mm thick and maybe 2cm square. I have then mounted the male part of some camping snap on this. Then used E6000 to glue these squares to the inside of the top of the leg armour.

Back to the belt. Put it on and also your leg armour. Meaure how long the elastic which is danglig from your belt needs to be, to provide a bit of pull, but not being fully stretched, and mark the position where the female camping snap will go. Take it all off and sew the end of the elastic double, then mount the female part of the camping snap on your mark, facing outwards.

Now you put the belt on, pull the leg armour on and snap the snappers into place and hey presto, stable and comfortable.

Hope this helps.

Check out TK4205's tutorial in a similar setup o-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Daetrin said:
Check out TK4205's tutorial in a similar setup -----

Also -----in steps 13-14. I modified it a bit so as not to need snaps on the belt itself.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020