General Help - Buying Pre-Made Armor

As they have said before me, ATA is a good kit for a nice price and will work very nicely for you. To give you an idea price-wise (without telling you ATA's armor pricing or any of the other supplier's prices) I spent about $1100 total on my costume. This included my gun, the mods to it, my boots, my canvas belt, my holster, my thermal detonator, neck seal, paint/decals, snaps/straps, mic/amp. I splurged on a few of my items that I could have gotten elsewhere. I believe it would be within reason to build a kit completely for under $1000 if you wanted to.

it does take art talent to make a tk. it's not easy. none of this is just "cut away the rough plastic and keep the smooth"

that's just making it sound simple, which we all know... it's not!

Many talents are hidden and takes a first project to test them out, here you can find lots of guidance but we can see differences in perception to detail and overall quality of a build, or that extra mile of creativity that's always welcome unless it violates the CRL. When things go wrong it's not due to a lack of talent but lack of patience or small misunderstandings, or it's our fault because we explained something too quickly :)

Some artists spend countless years not knowing they actually lack talent, like most rockbands, doesn't keep them from going on. So worst case scenario we still manage to build something serviceable ;)