Holster & CRL

isith

Hi,

How would you interpret CRL when it comes to holster ?

I have started to build a suit and I'm aiming for Centurion. Can I get my suit approved without a holster ?

Or should I have it first and then remove it (and modify the belt as well) after EIB pics and before taking pics for Centurion ?

Holster

For 501st approval:

• Made of black leather or leather-like material.

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Holster shall be worn on the left and be attached to the belt from behind instead of front, with no loops covering the outside of the belt.

• The holster will be affixed with two fasteners at the bottom of the belt instead of none or four. These may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Holster is not allowed.

Cheers,

Osku

Requirements in black are mandatory. So, the 501st requires a holster for approval.

Centurion requirements are 100% purely detachment, and not formally "recognized" by the Legion in any way.

This seems like an error in the CRL... the holster in this case should be moved to optional accessories, rather than in the required section. My guess is that this is the result of copy-paste between the various CRLs and wasn't caught by any of us. I'll clear the change with the LMO and update it.

Hey Osku,

Can you please be more specific on which TK costume you are doing? Some of the TK costumes like the Heavy Weapons Trooper and the Sky Trooper should not have the holster, even for the basic level, but it is merely an option for those who do want it. We had a discussion and vote about the holsters for all 9 different CRL's to try and correct the level confusion. We want to have even the basic level going in the right direction, so it is not confusing.

Oops, sorry about that.

I'm building an Incinerator Trooper.

No worries, the Incinerator is one of the TK, the really should not have the holster. The proper weapon is the plasma flamethrower (see below), but we do allow E11, for basic level. We have a discussion and vote earlier this year, about this and few other items on the Basic level.

For the Basic level we are wanting it to read:

Holster should be omitted from the costume. It is allowable to have a holster for Trooping if you are caring an E11. If a holster is worn, it will be made of black leather or leather-like material. Worn on the left side of belt and be attached to the belt from behind instead of front, with no loops covering the outside of the belt. The holster will be affixed with four fasteners (two at the top and two at the bottom of the belt) instead of none or two. The fasteners may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws

If the basic level reads like this, and you are going for EIB and/or Centurion, the prior levels will not contradict the next level. :)

TK_incinerator_flamethrower.jpeg

• 1 month later...