EMPIRE CITY! Here I Come!

LadyInWhite

I'll be in NYC for the weekend and around Oct. 4-9. Or something like that.

I'm hoping to take my son to a Star Wars Reads event there, one where some 501st will actually be present. I found one event in Long Island on the garrison site but it's a bit of a haul.

I don't always like doing all the things my (NY native) husband likes doing so if anyone in that area (including new TKs) would like to get together for dinner or lunch or beer or coffee or pizza or cannolis just let me know!

(You would never know I'm introverted by the way I seek out company in faraway places!)

Cheers,

Ingrid

Hey Ingrid! yea we have a few events around that time...i have to check the forum again..i can never keep track. But myself and my wife may be able to meet up with ya for some pizza and cannolis! lol I'll let ya know when its a little closer!

yeap...a few events at that time!

Scholastic Store at 557 Broadway, New York City from 1 to 5

Yonkers NY at the Riverfront library 10 to 12

B&N at 91 Old Country Road Carle Place NY from 2 to 4

We also have a troop on 10/05 at the North Shore Public Library in Wading River from 4 to 6 also for Star Wars Reads day.

On 10/07 we have a troop for Walk Now For Autism -. Jones Beach State Park – Field 5, Wantagh, NY from 10 to 12

So theres a few options! Would be cool to meet ya Ingrid! Somehow i missed ya at C6, even though we were all there for the pic lol. to much goin on there!

If you have to leave the city and go out to Strong Island your best bet is Jones Beach. If its nice out that's a great place to make the day of it. Otherwise... you're better off staying and enjoying what the city has to offer.

-Eric

I'm doubting my hub wants to go anywhere outside the city (except when we go to Warwick to pick apples).

Looking forward to it - thanks for the details, Lou!

you can come help me fit my armor and watch a 4 month old...while my 3 year old daughter runs around in her Boba Fett costume.

sound appealing?

Actually, yes!

Can I bring my 6 year old to boss your 3 year old around? He's good at being bossy. Just you wait.

Actually, depending on where you are in Queens, he might end up somewhere for pizza with Grandpa while I help you.

More soon, still planning :)