Rom/FX issues

Hi, I bought a used Rom/FX from this board couple weeks ago. I plug it into my brand new Aker 10W (also from the board) and power the Rom with a 9V battery. Everything have been trouble since... well two days ago.

I power the Aker, volume at 40% and Rom/Fx at 20%. There's a little bit of ''humm'' comming out of the speaker but it's very subtle. I can live with that. The main problem is, when I speak in the Mic, after a couple of times, the Rom/FX freeze. It keeps saying, and I quote... ''RO-RO-RO-RO-RO-ROM-ROM-RO-RO'' without NEVER completly saying the classic ''ROM/FX'' startup sound.

I turn it off, wait 5 seconds, turn it back on, and same sh** happening without even talking into the Mic ... ''ROM-ROM-ROM-ROM-F-F-F-F-F'' lol you got the point.

Did someone ever experienced this kind of problem ? It is really frustrating since I'm kind of nervous it will eventually happens when I will Troop or wear my armor at a party.

Waiting for your feedback !

Thanks !

- Phil

(Pardon my english, I'm a frog)

A single 9v usually lasts a good while. But be sure to use quality batteries and not the cheap ones. If that is what you have tried already, I'd suggest emailing romfx. The romfx is high quality stuff and should not act like that, and I'm sure you'll get the help you need if you ask them.