SEA SmallTalk ST2?

Got it in the mail today! The sound quality is great and the volume is more than sufficient. There is a lot of squealing and feedback if the device is exposed, but once you cover it up it works wonderfully, it also looks skinny enough to fit comfortably under the breast plate. Best part? 10$ on ebay!

The mic is odd to me, its got a hard plastic covering over one side with a tiny nipple that you speak into, It seemed to have difficulty picking up my voice from this end, speaking through the open back side worked just fine but for safety's sake I'm going remove it from the plastic and find some foam or something to protect it from humidity.---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Alrighty, citing this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8653&hl=mic#entry109832

After playing around with it for a while I have determined that, in order to get the most satisfaction out of the Smalltalk, I must conduct surgery on it and wire in a new mic. The amplifier itself I believe to be sufficient, and I think the clarity will vastly improve when I have a mic that doesn't have to hang in the opening of my mouth to work. Could anyone recommend a good quality headset and maybe some instructions on rewiring mics? ;) At this point I realise I've commited the rather noobish mistake of buying cheap, a wise man once said "when you buy cheap, you almost always have to go back and spend more money to make it better, so why not save up and buy it right the first time?" Now I'm going to take my mistake and work to fix it.

Thanks guys!

• 2 months later...

I've since created a pretty neat face rig that brings it close enough to my face to work properly but not too close to bump my lips or hinder jaw movement. Its pretty barebones at the moment but I think I could end up making it look pretty cool.