Ciderqueen TK build update

Hi all,

Had 2 brilliant days working on my armour (with lots of help from hubby hug.gif ) and I'm really pleased with it. Been walking around the garden today titter.gif testing out the armour and my Icomm/Aker system and had no problems so far with pinching, can even go up and down steps (albeit a bit ungainly!).

My boots have had 5 coats of dye and you wouldn't believe they were black to start with, the dye took really well!

photo-300.jpg

I've put backs on the drop boxes and attached the holster movie style behind the belt. The ammo belt is attached with poppers to the canvas belt.

photo-1024.jpg

photo-326.jpg

I put elastic on the shoulder bells to fit round the biceps. I trimmed the hand plates and put a return edge on them (scary! smiley-shocked003.gif ).

Hubby kindly put together my blaster with a Doopy Doos kit and sprayed it for me.

photo-463.jpg

photo-385.jpg

I'm hoping that I'm ready to put in for clearance now. Latest pics below.

photo-899.jpg

photo-254.jpg

photo-1900.jpg

photo-1085.jpg

photo-806.jpg

photo-1444.jpg

photo-755.jpg

Here's hoping happy.gif

Hi Kathy,

Great suit, looks really nice and it's obvious you've put in a ton of work to get to this point.

I'm far from the source of ultimate advice but I did see a couple things I think they will get brought up. Do you have a strap going from your bicep to forearm? a few pictures they look pretty far apart, I just attached a strap to mine today and it makes a world of difference, plus it allows your wrists to not get all jammed up in the forearms. Also it looks like your biceps are pretty high, but this might just be due to arm length.

Does your comm system mask that you're a woman at all, or do you just use a gruffy voice? I always wondered since I think most people imagine all storm troopers as men, do we let them continue believing this, or show them the truth that it's mixed ranks?

Oh, I also noticed in some shots, your thighs look rotated out some, I was told that they should be snapped into your ab piece to keep them in the right alignment.