Will a ATA set fit?

I'm 6'1" 195lbs and would like to get an ATA kit rather than a RT-Mod seeing that the ATA is almost half the cost and I am on the low budget end of things. Will an ATA set fit me ok, or should I wait and save up for a RT-Mod?

6'1" & 195lbs looks different on different people. It's not just about height/weight (although that's a good first-order metric), but how you are proportioned. How big around at their widest points are your upper arms, forearms, waist, thighs, and calves?

Having said that, as long as you are OK with the prospect of installing shims then any kit can be made to fit you - including ATA.

Dude, are your calves *really* 24" in circumference??? Might want to double-check that measurement.

I don't own an ATA kit, but I've worked on building them for others. You may need to shim the waist. Aside from those monstrous calves everything else should work out, with the disclaimer that at 6'1" you can expect a good bit of black undersuit to show at the hips, knees, elbows, and possibly the shoulders.

EDIT: Ah, I see you've corrected the calf measurement. With that, an ATA should fit you OK.

ATA should fit you fine. I'm 6' and 212 right now and mine fits pretty well. You will obviously need to space stuff out a little more since you're taller, but it will look good.

I think 6 ft might be the limit for an ATA, (IMO). Do your research check out the other ATA builds that have been done & compare their physical stats with yours. I'll be posting up my recently completed ATA pictures later tonight.

Edited by DarkTrooper

I think 6 ft might be the limit for an ATA, (IMO). Do your research check out the other ATA builds that have been done & compare their physical stats with yours. I'll be posting up my recently completed ATA pictures later tonight.

Not necessarily. We have a bunch of troopers in the FLG that are over 6' feet and still wear ATA.

it's not just the diameter measure, the length of the thighs can also be an issue with having a lot of black showing in the legs.

RT mod can be lengthened or shortened as well as changed in diameter.

perhaps a hybrid with ata and rt mod parts?