Resin E-11 build thread - DDAY

Photos all moves off the server, and I'm not going to put them back and relink...bleh.

Edited by Dday

Not too bad overall. I have around 4 E-11 blasters, some Hasbro mods, a Hyperfirm, and a resin cast like this one. You could always pick up the additional parts on the forum. My resin cast does not have the counter or cells, but it still looks cool. If you like weapons, you can never have too many and who wants them to all be the same?! :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I did a lot of cleanup on this one and am almost ready to drill out the 3 hex holes (2 front, 1 bottom of the handle) but I bought the wrong ones! Hah, I got the 8mm head, but in actuality, it looks like I need the 10MM head as it's to small right now. Also, the ones I got do not have ribs around the head, they are smooth. Oh well, back to the store.

Ā 

It's almost ready to prime, sand and paint. I just need to finish the detailing on the magazine and scope, put in the hex heads and paint. It's been sunny the last days, so I was hoping to get it done and ready to paint ASAP, plus, not to mention waiting for gluing time...

Ā 

DSC04400.jpg

Ā 

Adding detailing to the magazine, dremel ran out of power so waiting on a charge.

DSC04401.jpg

DSC04402.jpg

DSC04403.jpg

Ā 

The ejection port guard was super bubbled in the mold so I had to take some extra off around the edge and was super thin in the middle as you can see where it cracked. I'm going to have to try and put some model window maker or something to fill this and seal it before painting.

DSC04404.jpg

DSC04405.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

Edited by Dday

So I did a lot of cleanup on this one and am almost ready to drill out the 3 hex holes (2 front, 1 bottom of the handle) but I bought the wrong ones! Hah, I got the 8mm head, but in actuality, it looks like I need the 10MM head as it's to small right now. Also, the ones I got do not have ribs around the head, they are smooth. Oh well, back to the store.

Ā 

I found it impossible to get machine screws with ribs around the head here in Germany... that's why I went with the smooth ones.

I got this same kit from D*C last year before I was approved and only just now am I building it, so I'm very interseted to see your progress on this build.

Ā 

I'm cleaning up mine as well and using contour putty to fill in some of the bubble holes from the pull.

Ā 

I notice a few differences:

Ā 

1. My sight must have broken, because the bead is only partially there.

2. I don't have the lettering in the circle of the right side of the stock.

3. I don't have the lettering on the magazine.

Ā 

I guess he improved his mold.

Nah, he uses the same mold, I used my dremel to add those details myself. I used my droopys kit as a visual guide thats waiting for this build to finish to add the details. The droopys details are spot on.

Edited by Dday

Ah. Nice touch. Well done. You're inspiring me here. ;)

Ā 

Are you sawing off the hex bolts and then gluing the head in a drilled hole or are you actually screwing them into the cast? (Hope that makes sense)

I hacked off the screws and glued on the bolt heads. Since it was a solid resin cast, I should have just screwed them in. They look a bit goofy around the seam, I'm guessing it will clean up with paint since it will begin to look more solid as paint covers them.

Ā 

I put on the primer and will start painting tomorrow. No photos uploaded yet, but will put them in tomorrow after painting for a full update.

I decided to snap some photos before painting because I'm waiting for the E11 to dry from adding some of the parts on. I've fabricated a new scope rail, the default one isn't meant to attach correctly. Glued on all parts, primed everything. My guess is I can paint in about 2 hours once the E11 has set better. It's pretty warm and dry outside the last few days, so I find the E11 has a good starter set in about 2 hours. Body will be flat black, handle will be gloss black. Once I get the base black down I will paint the bolt silver and maybe add some weathering to the usual places.

Ā 

Overall, not very impressed with the quality of this resin cast, but it's sure easy enough to do. I think if I do this again (which I will with a droopys kit) I'll do more sanding and initial prep, to make the lines smoother, however droopys kit is a much cleaner kit so I probably won't have to bother like on this one.

Ā 

I'm not going to add a hengstler/power cells to this one because I want to resell it and if it's this way, it can be either ANH or ESB. The buyer can pick which they want to do and add the necessary parts.

Ā 

Ā 

Drilling the holes for hex bolts

DSC04409.jpg

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04411.jpg

DSC04412.jpg

DSC04413.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ejection cover ended up snapped off due to poor casting and wasn't salvageable. So I cut it off and smoothed the line

DSC04414.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

DSC04417.jpg

DSC04418.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

DSC04419.jpg

DSC04420.jpg

Ā 

Added some of the shafts form a couple of used rivets to add some stability to this part. CA glued them in so they don't go anywhere.

DSC04423.jpg

DSC04424.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

The primed and glued gun, almost in final state.

DSC04485.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04487.jpg

DSC04488.jpg

DSC04489.jpg

DSC04490.jpg

Ā 

Just need to paint the scope and rail, final paint the gun, add the parts together, then viola!

Edited by Dday