JSB Build Thread

Should I have this thread deleted? I don't want to have a build thread if it is not liked.....

No, please keep it. It's good for documentation purposes.

Did you get your armor in the same shipping box as your friend got it in?

No, please keep it. It's good for documentation purposes.

Did you get your armor in the same shipping box as your friend got it in?

No unfortunately I did not. The box he had was water damaged so he threw it away.

He texted me back and said he bought it from a guy named Mike that had an extra suit from a person that didn't pay so he got it. Did my friend make a bad purchase and just pass it down the line to me?

No unfortunately I did not. The box he had was water damaged so he threw it away.

He texted me back and said he bought it from a guy named Mike that had an extra suit from a person that didn't pay so he got it. Did my friend make a bad purchase and just pass it down the line to me?

Does he know the last name of this Mike? If so, please PM me that to not leave sensitive information in the open.

Well, he could have gotten a better armour for less cash if he'd come here. But you got a decent deal, assuming that it doesn't break instantly.

I say you build it If for nothing more then the experience of the build.Then Ebay it, get you money back and buy some legit armor and with your new building skills put together an awesome kit.

Edited by DudeSidious

Wow, this is all confusing. So who has actually sculpted a set of armor without recasting from a movie used suit? Do those selling kits on here have permission to do so? Everything i read said don't buy from Ebay but some are saying put it on Ebay and get rid of it, why would you do that? It really sounds like a few people have a monopoly on here who don't have permission to sell armor sets from anyone.

Wow, this is all confusing. So who has actually sculpted a set of armor without recasting from a movie used suit? Do those selling kits on here have permission to do so? Everything i read said don't buy from Ebay but some are saying put it on Ebay and get rid of it, why would you do that? It really sounds like a few people have a monopoly on here who don't have permission to sell armor sets from anyone.

I think you are misunderstanding what they are saying.

A recast is often done off a suit that they bought themselves. So let's say I buy an ATA suit. If I made molds of those parts and then started making my own parts, that would be what they are referring to. And often the recast parts are from cheaper, lower quality materials. It's the equivalent of buying an iPhone from China. It may look like an iPhone, but you know darn well it has GameBoy parts inside it.

And they are saying sell it on eBay AFTER building it. The biggest problem with current eBay sellers is that they are selling poor quality, recast, unassembled kits in high volume. This would be one person selling an assembled kit for cheap and I assume the listing would explain everything that has occured with the suit so as to not mislead the potential buyer.

I'm sure you can build it to be 501st, there are a few things required, most notably to my untrained eye is the ab buttons. Not to mention the other assessories like the gun, undersuit, boots, gloves and so on.

Plus, the build itself (like was said before) will be a great experience for you for when/if you decide to buy from some of the armormakers who are using their own molds from fan sculpted or casts made from original armors.

Build it, and if you want to turn a quick buck resell it as an assembled kit of unknown origin.