Bigironvault's ANH Build [*AP]

Looking good, Keith. Ever think about adding some velcro onto the top of the butt plate and the inside of your canvas

belt to keep the belt sitting a little lower? That's what all the cool people, like me, do. haaaa ha ... I know, I'm not cool.

...but it's fun to pretend! That's a really good job you did!!!

I can't take all the credit. Remember I did get the AP kit with the Ready to Wear option to help me along (as between being a new father and my job I don't have a lot of time to spare). AP did an awesome job, great communication, and the service was top notch. Given that it is impossible to get a good fit in a RTW scenario, I've been spending a lot of time making it fit better. I have before and after pics. The back is a good example of the things I've done to modify it a bit. :) .... not sure about that 9 month old kid option on the left boot... haha.

- Fixed ribbed straps to sit better.

- Aligned chest plate to ab better

- Lowered back plate and redid snaps there.

- Trimmed forearms to size

- Trimmed right thigh to size

- Added velcro to belt for tighter fit

- Moved crotch snap and shorten strap for fit

- Fixed right knee ammo belt

- Tightened shins

- Straightened lid brow

- Added fans to lid

- Overall "straightening" of build etc. ie. lowering biceps etc. and other very small things I can't remember even.

photo4x.jpgDSC02658x.jpg

photo6x.jpgDSC02653x.jpg

Edited by bigironvault

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet rivets came in today curteousy of Mr. C. Boom himself picking up a pair of the rivet sets on my behalf. Can't wait to grab it off him and get started.

391385_4348035138450_776212461_n.jpg

Looking good!

If you're wondering what that extra cap rivet is for, it's just a spare in case you lose or stuff up one of the other ones ;)

LOL! Thanks I was wondering about that.

haha, I was wondering where the heck I was supposed to install that extra one too until Sean sent me the same info. I'll try not to pooch the others :))

You know what's the best part of being part of a close knit group of TK's? You work together on a lot of things. For instance, Charles painting my rivets for me (we both got a set). Can't wait to have them in hand and cross out that "to do" for Centurion.

image.jpg

Just a heads up, the SOLID half (which is the SHORTER half) of the cap rivets is the side that faces outwards (can be seen from the outside)... the half you have painted there is the inside and won't be seen!!!!

Hope you see this before you install them!

_MG_8852.jpg

Edited by seantrooper

Well I updated my decals to Dave M decals. Man that was annoying. I wasn't prepared for the decals to be THAT stretchable. Anyhow I got them on, not perfectly but they look okay.

DSC02802.jpg

Edited by bigironvault

Thanks to the rivets from seantrooper I was able to knock off a couple more things on the Centurion list! So close now all I need are the rubber handguards and fixing my sniper plate and I'm done.

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02804.jpg