My first Blaster build

This is my first blaster build. Since I will not be getting armor, and I ordered this before all my new medical shucks started, might as well have a kick an impolite person blaster right? This also should be fun as the doctors upped my pain medication from 8x 10mg Vicodin a day to 8x 10 mg Vicodin PLUS 4x 15mg MORPHINE!?

So let's see how this goes...

I got the Droopy's full Resin kit and it arrived today!

photo38.jpg

All the parts along with Evilboys metal rail. Gonna work on just cleaning and reading tonight. More coming soon.

OK, after reading MANY build threads, I started late last night. First I did the grip, trigger/trigger guard and selector switch. I got to thinking last night, has anyone ever used that stuff you put on hand tools? You know, you either paint it on or dip the handles in it and it makes a rubberized surface. I was thinking about getting some that is pretty light and easy enough to "paint" it on so I don't loose the detail on the grip. I would only do this on the "handle" part of the grip not the whole thing. Anyone ever use that stuff?

photo39.jpg

Then glued and clamped the "folding stock". I would really like an actual functioning one, but I will save that for the future.

photo40.jpg

More later

Edited by TK-Sixx

Found a cool thing for my scope.

I had this old, cheap tool kit and it had this little plastic magnifying glass in it. I forgot to take a pic before I trimmed it, oops. I snapped off the handle and trimmed the sides to make it fit, then found the photo files for a blaster scope sight. I printed them to size and presto, a "glass looking" reticle

Haven't put it together yet, gonna wait until after painting, but I just sized it up and it looked great.

photo.jpg

Oh, before sleep last night I put these two parts together

I am a smoker, so to see the markings better, I dipped my hand in ash and just rubbed over the markings. I made sure to stay away and clean the glue spots

photo4.jpg

No rubber bands, so I used hair ties and a clamp or two

photo5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, now that I am starting to get used to the morphine and am able to stay awake, I am back to the build. Only problem, I seem to be missing 3 peices. The 2 cresent peices that go on the loaded and flash suppressor and the bayonette lug. Does anyone have any extra or a way I can make them?

I also reciever 2 clusters of 3 high output LED's and am figuring out how to place them. I might have some MAJOR surgery going on here.

• 4 months later...

OK well I give up. There is NO WAY I will ever save up the money for armor. So I am selling my Blaster. I have a sale thread on here for the finished DD's Resin Blaster. $200

Had the dream, stuff happened, sold the dream, got better, stuff happened now I am at the end. Thanks to everyone for your past support.

Thank you. My fault selling my old armor for med bills in the first place. I guess I will try making other costumes from scraps and do a Deadpool. I can brace that as much as I was gonna do a TK. Wish I suddenly found a rich, dead uncle. lol Someone is looking at my blaster for a cheaper price, but if someone comes up with $200 tonight it is yours.

Thanks everyone