LadyInRed-to-be

One day I'd like to get a VW Type 181 (Thing) and TK-ify it: paint the brow, eyes, frown and traps on the hood, vocoder in front (between headlights), blue stripes on the front fenders, and the IIO on the engine cover in back...maybe have a mount between the front two seats for a DLT-19. On the plus side my wife would NEVER ask to borrow my car...downside is most of the Type 181s out there are restorations and are a bit pricey...

/end threadjack

//yes, I have put a lot of thought into that project :)

That is exactly my idea for a car project............ great minds think alike! But as I need a new paint job on my CR-V, I think I'll tweak that out first and then raise some money to buy an old VW beetle...

Continuing on the cars threadjack, my neighbor down the street has a pretty new Honda Odyssey minivan. It is black (glossy) and I swear if you look at the front of that thing, with the shape/silver color of the headlights it looks like an oversized Shadow Trooper Helmet! I have thought about trotting down there in my TK armor to take a picture...but IIRC, she was one of the neighbors who asked my wife "what the hell is your husband doing" after I did a around-the-block test-walk/shakedown when I was building my armor :)