getting testors paint off

i painted my frown with testors grey 1138 (i know) and its the right color and all but it isnt smooth and looks rough, when i applied it it was very thick, but thought nothing of it any ideas how to remove it?

i painted my frown with testors grey 1138 (i know) and its the right color and all but it isnt smooth and looks rough, when i applied it it was very thick, but thought nothing of it any ideas how to remove it?

I used my wife's terpentine for her oil paints. Worked like a charm and didn't change the finish of the ABS or anything like that. I am painting everything except the blue stripes. Turned out pretty good.....after a bunch of tries that is. The only thing that came out right the first time was the mouth/vocoder. It takes a lot of patience but when you know you can have a do-over, it's not so bad.

This is how I hand-painted mine: For the mouth, go to STARWARSHELMETS.com, trace the shape of the TK you like best in pencil and then paint accordingly. For the trapezoids, I painted the black outlines first making sure to get a nice OUT line. The inside doesn't matter because you paint over that later with gray. Then paint gray all the way to where you want it making a nice thin black line. It is hard to get a nice smooth look, but having it be a little uneven gives mine a little charm (for me at least).